This post discusses SORTHEAP DB2 and pinned pages Information message in db2diag.log
FUNCTION: DB2 UDB, buffer pool services, sqlbKeepPagesPinned, probe:20
: ADM6071I The maximum number of pinned pages allowed concurrently was
reached in buffer pool "MYBUF8K" (ID "2"). As a result performance
may not be optimal. Increasing the SORTHEAP database configuration
parameter may reduce the chances of this condition occurring in the
1) The message refers to the sqlbKeepPagesPinned function.
2) The message indicates the specified buffer pool is too small for current activity.
3) This also points to high CPU usage
4) Recommend index analysis focusing on indexes using the sort heap.Including hash join buffers, in memory tables, dynamic bitmaps
5) If SORTHEAP isn’t set at AUTOMATIC , increase the level if large sorts are used.
DBA Interview Questions and Answers – DB2 Server Operations