Before we begin, Please note that:
1) it’s applicable for your Demo Machine only. Or your Dev Machine. The reason I am documenting it that I do not want to change the password of Windows Server on which I have my Sharepoint BI dev environment Setup. It’s Dev Environment, So I can afford disabling the password expiration policy.
2) This Blog Post will Show you step by step procedure to disable the password expiration policy IF your server is NOT a Domain Controller. If it’s a domain controller then the steps are different.
Now, Let’s begin:
1. Go to Start, Administrative Tools, Local Security Policy
2. Under Security Settings, Select Account Policies
3. Click on Password Policy.
4. Change the Value of Maximum Password Age to “0?
5. Click on Apply.
That’s about it. You have disabled the password expiration on your Windows Server Demo machine.
If you are searching for a resource that could help you disable the password expiration policy on windows Server (Domain Controller) then please refer: http://forums.iis.net/t/1148164.aspx